Tuesday, October 7, 2008

12 month Well Baby Visit

Wynn did pretty well at her 12 month well baby visit today. Here are her stats:

Weight: 21.6 lbs. - 55% percentile

Height: 30.25 inches - 85% percentile

Head Circumference: 44 cm - 20% percentile

So, my kid still has a peanuthead!! :) She's doing great and is getting long and lean. The only thing the pedi is even slightly concerned about is her aversion to table food. The fact that she constantly chews food up and spits it back out is not good. She eats cheese puffs, cheerios and goldfish like there's no tomorrow but I can't get her to eat meat or veggies without it being baby food. She's really picky. She said if it continues for another month she'll recommend a food clinic to work with her on textures. I have no idea what that means but if it helps then whatever. We're also going to try 2% milk instead of whole milk. She kept spitting up the whole milk so we're hoping that the 2% isn't as rich and doesn't upset her tummy. We'll start mixing it half and half with her formula tomorrow and see how it goes. Otherwise she is just PERFECT!! My big girl. I had to set her 15 month appt. today and it felt weird. She got her chicken pox and flu vaccine today but I'm choosing to hold off on her MMR vaccine until she's two. The pedi was fine with that so I was glad about that. All in all she was good but hated her shots. Screamed bloody murder. I think the ones she got today hurt more than the others. Then she was super fussy tonight so hopefully she'll be her happy go lucky self again tomorrow. We'll see I suppose...

1 comment:

  1. I am curious to hear what happens with the food clinic, especially since C has the same adversions! But I have been persistent, for every meal the past 3 days or so, I give him finger foods and NO puffs, cheerios, etc. and tonight he *finally* started eating some peas and carrots and pasta on his own! HOORAY! So maybe I wasn't being persistent enough... anyways, I totally rambled, I'm so glad she is healthy and {fingers crossed} that the 2% milk works!

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave comments. We love them :)