Friday, December 17, 2010

LOTS of Firsts This Past Weekend!

SO many firsts this weekend!  Wynn got her FIRST haircut ever!!  Yes, I know it sounds extreme but her hair has always been so pretty and curly and I couldn't bring myself to cut it.  Well, I finally got sick of the tangles and having her run away from me screeching when I have a brush in my hand.  She told my mom the other day that her hair was a "rats nest" which you can only imagine came out of my mouth at some point while brushing her hair.  Her hair is EXACTLY like mine was as a kid but not as blond.  At least she got something from her mama. :)   I took her to Cookie Cutters and she LOVED it!!  She got to sit in her very own airplane and got to watch Dora while she got her hair styled.  Then she got her very own First Haircut Certificate with a lock of her hair and a picture of her new hairdo.  Oh and a balloon. :)







The second FIRST was that Auden ate cereal for the first time this weekend!  She didn't love it but didn't dry heave it then vomit like Wynn did. Here she is! I guess that's progress...



Last FIRST but not least by any means is Auden has started sitting up all by herself!!!!!!!  She was about 5 months and two weeks in this pic.  She still tips over sometimes but she's getting to be such a big girl!!

1 comment:

  1. I'm laughing at the "rats nest" comment, because that is exactly what I say to my daughter, who also runs screeching every time she sees me approach her with a hairbrush in hand.

    Her new haircut is beautiful!

    And I can't believe what a big girl Auden is! Congratulations on her new milestones.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave comments. We love them :)